Monday, June 2, 2014

Way back Texas

Here are a few photos from our trip to College Station. We finally introduced both girls to the promised land, the best little city in the world, Aggieland. Home of nice folks, a fine university, and really good food.

But of course, the highlight was spending time with our families! We actually went to CS to see Allison graduate, but while we were in TX, we couldn't resist having a little more family fun too. (Those photos coming in the next post!)


Reading with Nana

On the playground at Nana's school in some fancy clothes!



We enjoyed breakfast at the Hullabaloo Diner on Mother's Day! Yay, I got to see my mama on Mother's Day! This diner was unbelievable. So so good. The dining room is an old train car and the rest of the property is an old barn. There's a huge parrot (named Turkey) and live music, even at 9 am. It was super fun until Caroline's diaper leaked all over my white pants I was daring to wear for the first time ever. At least I finished my french toast first. 




If you want to keep a 2 and 3 year old girl entertained, one way is to give them accessories and a full length mirror. According to Catherine, it was Fancy Day! (Like everyday!)

Borrowing Nana's ballet shoes





In case you were getting the impression that our children are always sweet and happy. Someone doesn't like being told not to play house behind the mirror...

Fancy day continues with pedicures


Catherine's first braids. Is there something wrong with me that I am posting three photos of this?


I have to learn to do this! Ack, little girl hair bewilders me!

No comments:

Post a Comment