Tuesday, June 3, 2014

The big D

We rounded off our road trip with a few days spent in the DFW metroplex with my brother and his awesome fiance! We enjoyed a trip to the Arboretum (wow . . . so incredible. I could have spent HOURS there!) with Russell's Aunt Fran, catching up with my own Aunt who I hadn't seen in way too long, and playing in Uncle Josh's pool. We had a blast - the visit was actually too short. (The drive home, on the other hand . . .)
 
Bethany and me. She asked me to be in her wedding. Isn't that the sweetest? I am so excited to celebrate her and my brother's new life together next spring!

Caro rocking out on a chime drum thingie at the Arboretum

Fran and Caroline enjoying some tasty flower cookies

Splashing around at the Arboretum!



Undergoing empathy training. How does that baby turtle feel?

Fran is such a good sport!

Bethany had a special gift for the girls too - beautiful flower headbands, a ring pillow, and white basket! She asked them to be her flower girls! They couldn't be more excited!

Props to her for great presentation. :) Catherine seemed to think she was supposed to go find Easter eggs. We have a little time to explain more, but so far, she definitely understands there will be a fancy dress. And cake. When she is 4 1/2.



Silly uncle Josh!

Sweet family

And sweet soon-to-be family
My mom with my Aunt Luan and Catherine, enjoying, wait for it, Mexican food. Yum!
Our trip to Texas was a total whirlwind. We spent ten days (with 2 1/2 of them in the car), but it was so worth it. We love and miss our family so much. Thank you all for being a special part of our lives. It won't be too long til we're back. That's the thing about Texas, we can't stay away TOO long.

No comments:

Post a Comment