Wednesday, January 29, 2014

January 2014

January 2014. It's been cold. Arctic plunge. Polar vortex. Ice-pocolyse. If nothing else, we've had some seriously dramatic language. Let it be known that I did indeed grow up north of the Mason-Dixon line. And I have frozen my heinie off this month here in Dixie.

We have been plenty busy around here, in spite of the cold. Some of our favorite winter activities have included play dough, making and playing with cloud dough,waiting for the hvac repairman (we spent a week doing just that!), warming up in front of the space heater, climbing into boxes, playing dress up, and being silly! Thankfully, the girls have taken being stuck inside in stride. We tried the bubble experiment, but even with single digit temps, we couldn't get them to freeze! Bummer! Catherine has been fascinated, though, by setting out small dishes of water and finding that they are ice a few hours later!

Catherine tucked Flash in and they cuddled up together. It's good that he does such sweet and endearing things sometimes. Because all the rest of the time, he is STEALING FOOD. And that tries my patience...

One of the biggest milestones we hit this month was Caroline's first set of pigtails.
Matching little girl heads!

The result of too much time inside and a mom who takes too many pictures. Notice the cute ballerina shirts, though! They were a special present from our babysitter, Miss Kelly!

The snow that dumped in Birmingham left us with just a dusting. But when you don't get much, you'll play in the smallest amount!

Catherine was complaining that her hands were cold. We don't have the equipment for this down here!

Why are kids so cute in their winter gear??

Taking a trip to South America in their cardboard box (We have Paddington to thank for the obsession with Peru.)

Here they were pretending to be "wittle babies" in their cribs. Haha, so much pretending, so little time!

I have also been taking an online photography class. Here are two images that I have taken since beginning my class. I'm enjoying learning and I hope I'm getting better. I have learned a few things about out camera. I'm experimenting right now with different kinds of lighting. Up until now, I have stuck to more standard, cloudy day/golden hours diffused lighting. Shadows intimidate me, but they can be fun! :)



Love these two little girls so much! 







1 comment: