Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Daddy's birthday

We celebrated Daddy-o's birthday yesterday. Since numbers beyond 20 are totally beyond our 3-year-old, Daddy was 32, 42, and 52 at different points in the day. I'll leave you to guess his real age!

This year I had some awesome help in making Daddy's annual three-layer carrot cake!

See? Great helper!

Our masterpiece

We went to Cheddars for dinner to celebrate. Caroline emptied the entire container of sweeteners, showing a definite preference for the Sweet n Low. (Yep, the pink one.) She handed them to Daddy one at a time while Daddy got a happy birthday phone call. I think it was his present.
So maybe it's a little gross that her mouth is full of food. Is it okay that I still found it a little cute?


Our family of four

Daddy getting sung to and blowing out his candles!
(We went with five candles - extra points to anyone who can figure out why we chose five!)



Happy birthday to my sweetie! More handsome and adorable every year. Okay, I'll stop now, for the sake of the general public with a distaste for mushiness. <3 p="">


3 comments:

  1. Did you choose 5 candles because you're pregnant and about to be a family if 5???!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping Jenny is right, but because I'm a math nerd (too), I think there were five candles because R turned 32 (3+2=5)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big fat no to Big Jen . . . so sorry to disappoint. The "family of four" comment was more a reference to, like, hey, I'm in a picture! And Joy . . . very interesting observation, but that was not actually the characteristic of 32 that made us choose 5. I actually hadn't noticed that until you pointed it out. Think binary . . .

    ReplyDelete