Sunday, January 5, 2014

Christmas card photo shoot

Some of you might have received a Christmas card from us in the mail. I have mixed feelings about this tradition. In this age of blogging and Facebook and email and telepathic communication, Christmas cards seem to lack that "Wow, look how much they've grown!" feeling I remember getting cards from long-distance friends year after year during childhood. Also, I tend to get wrapped up in making them look just right and can lose sight of the point of wishing a happy Christmas to family and friends. And it just seems a little wasteful to spend money on something that will be tossed in the trash next month. Sorry to be such a downer. But I also LOVE receiving cards in the mail, going through them with our kids and quizzing them about who everyone is. So maybe we'll keep doing it. Or maybe we'll go to an online card.  I have to admit that I had fun taking these pictures! And they will make great Christmas decorations in the years to come. Am I the only one who feels this way about Christmas cards?















Playing with some of the Lightroom Presets I got for Christmas
Yes, folks. Here it is! Our first-ever photo with both girls looking at the camera and smiling!


More Lightroom shenanigans

No comments:

Post a Comment