Thursday, September 25, 2014

Getting ready for back to school!

Well, this has been quite a blogging hiatus. I got inspired a few days ago when showing Catherine some old pictures on the blog. I thought, man, why have I been slacking? This kind of family record is so much fun! We are making precious memories, but I sure can't rely on my memory to hold them!

Schools around here start insanely early (at least to a girl who grew up heading back to school after Labor Day!), like the first week of August. Our preschool steals a couple more weeks of summer and begins in the middle of the month.

The week before school started, we did the standard stuff. I don't get to buy school supplies yet (but oh, I can't wait. How I LOVE fresh notebooks, pens, markers, etc!), but we did get both girls a haircut, hit up the dentist, and bought new school shoes. What fun!

Here are a few photos from the haircuts. This was Caroline's first one ever. My girls don't have a ton of hair. We sure save money and stress because of it! We are letting both grow out in pursuit of that elusive goal, the pony tail, so they just got a trim. 

Before the haircut

Long and a little scraggly

Can you tell they have a movie on?

Quite patient, thanks to Dora . . .

All trimmed up

The stylist attempted to braid their bangs away from their face. I don't feel so bad about my braids because hers didn't really stay in either.

Afterwards, all trimmed up!

No comments:

Post a Comment