Friday, February 28, 2014

The tail end of winter. I hope.

February has just about wrapped up so I wanted to post a quick update. I had a lovely time celebrating the third anniversary of my 29th birthday on the 15th. We enjoyed family breakfast and a stage-it concert for the girls with our favorite Slugs and Bugs team. Russell took me out to celebrate that night -- we went to Landry's and had some yummy jambalaya and enjoyed Andy Gullahorn in concert with some friends at a local brewery. Over the course of the day, I learned that I share a birthday with Jill Phillips and Randall Goodgame, which is awesome. It was a sweet day. I don't have any pictures, but I am documenting it here. It did indeed happen. :)

The rest of this month has been pretty quiet. Punctuated by bouts with runny noses, just one trip to the doctor, prepping clothes for consignment, and one night of very loud thunderstorming, February has slipped through our hands, as days seem to do when raising small children.

One of the highlights of the month was hiking last weekend on Rainbow Mountain. I'm the first to admit that we throw the word "mountain" around rather loosely, but it's probably the highest point on this side of our county (what a superlative, huh!) and it has some pretty neat vistas. There are tons of great big rock formations. The girls and the dog enjoyed climbing all over them and pretending they were all sorts of things. Here are a few of our photos.
Apparently, this is Minnie's house.


Mickey's house. This is the kitchen. Obviously.

The man and the only other male in the house
Add caption


See, I'm in a picture!


Daddy pointing out the airport, many miles away


I also dragged the camera out during bath time the other night and snagged a few images that are appropriate for public viewing.

This IS a happy face. In case you weren't sure.

 


Later, gators! See you in March!





No comments:

Post a Comment