Saturday, November 2, 2013

Other random fall fun

So, is this my really my fifth blog post tonight? Um, I guess I was a little behind. I have put a few of these on Facebook, but I really prefer to have our updates here. It's okay if no one is still reading this. Actually, this will be the one that comes up first when you pull up the blog. So maybe my first post will be last. It's like the sermon on the mount. Okay, not really at all.

Anyway, I gotta show some Caroline love since the last few posts have been about Catherine's milestones.
Caroline is really starting to show us her personality. Fiercely loving, loyal and affectionate, this girl is all about the LOVE. Couldn't be sweeter. Except for the rare occasion where she doesn't quite get her way. But we're all like that, right?

And the relationship we are starting to see between the girls is just amazing. They really do love each other and it blesses this mama's heart. Neither wants to go anywhere without the other. And they just love playing together . . . sometimes even up in their rooms WITHOUT ME. Wow. Twenty minute stretches of play time. I only have to intervene when someone starts to cry. And though someone always does, those few minutes to get things done on my own are pretty AMAZING. :)


These pics are all from a September morning up on Monte Sano.






These next pictures are from our first attempt at gathering leaves for some serious jumping and crunching. Catherine read about this practice in a book and couldn't wait to try it. Caroline was less than enthusiastic about the leaves but loved being outside just the same!
Crunch!

Our happy little dreamer

Caroline trying to bury her sister. Catherine requested a sleepsack made of leaves. Huh? Oh well, Caroline seemed to understand what she was asking for.

Isn't this leaf great?

Helping daddy by adding a single leaf to his pile

Told you she was our little lover-girl




2 comments:

  1. Beauties in nature. I think our lead crunching will come this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so beautiful! Love their sweet matching dresses.... It still amazes me when my boys play quietly together without me! It's so great! :)

    ReplyDelete