Monday, May 5, 2014

Easter 2014

I've been on a bit of a blogging hiatus. I was smacked by some extremely shocking news in April; one of my closest friends from college was murdered on April 7. I am very thankful that I was able to travel to Texas to honor her memory by attending her funeral service the following week. But somewhere in all the logistics and the confusion and the grief, I feel a bit like a missed April. I haven't updated the blog because it was a pretty major event that I would like to write about here. But I'm not sure I'm ready to do that yet. Soon.

For now, I'll update on our family's Easter observance. We were thankful to some new friends we've made recently for hosting our girls for an Easter egg hunt the week before Easter.



And then, we went over to our friend Jason's house and enjoyed some egg dying with him and his girls! (Thank you so much for hosting this time-honored activity, Jason! I had no mental energy to plan such things this year!) Caroline opted for some serious painting instead of egg dying . . . a slightly more toddler friendly activity!





Our Easter day began with the annual Easter family photo, followed by a joyful and gratitude-filled worship service and lunch and fun with family friends. Thanks for hosting us, Russ and Sandy! It was the perfect calm in the middle of our April storm.






These two love each other so much. We are so thankful for the friends that God has put into our lives!


No comments:

Post a Comment