Saturday, January 26, 2013

Wiping noses

So I've been thinking a lot about my blog. And not writing a lot.

I have a bunch of ideas for posts: some reflections on being newly married; some thoughts about how birth order affects parenting and children; the potty training journey we have traversed this month; the one facet of house-wifery I do well; the other twenty facets I don't do well; my attempt to learn to use our camera.

But this posts isn't about any of those things. All I have to say is that I've been wiping noses and rocking babies. The last two months has brought us a constant stream of colds, runny noses, and ear infections. Coupled with Caroline's vomiting and difficulty sleeping, this has been a challenging month. This has probably been rougher than the first few months of having two kids (and that was ROUGH). We are thankful for love and support from our families and friends.

Anyway, we're getting through it and making it and just trying to remember that winter doesn't last forever; neither does their infancy. Our babies are growing and learning, even through the mess. And they are healthy in general. Caroline has five teeth and is crawling like a champ. Catherine can tell you the opposite of most any word she knows and knows all of her letters. She knows her right and left. After night after night of minimal sleep, I'm glad I have her to remind me of which is which.

Runny nose. Yes, I took a picture.

Sad, tired, don't feel so good baby (and Daddy!)
So we'll be returning to public contact . . . maybe in June? Maybe I'll get a chance to write some of those posts before then.

2 comments:

  1. And now sweet Caroline has a fever and wont sleep. This will end at some point, right??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry this Winter has been so hard on the girls. Surely Spring will bring renewed hope, spirits, and immune systems.

    ReplyDelete